Saturday, October 18, 2008

Earth Tracks Update

Hello Everyone

Just wanted to let you know that I'm currently working on next years schedule and will be finalizing dates and locations in the next couple months. I'll be posting the 2009 calender here and on the website by the New Year.

We have some exciting programs planned including the 2nd spring 'Edible and Medicinal Plants' class in May at two different locations, 'The Way of the Naturalist Class', 'The Art of Survival' as well as many new and exciting Naturalist-led canoe trips. I'm very excited to offer these programs and look forward to sharing this information with as many people as possible. I'm currently collaborating with other schools and organizations who share a similar Vision and hoping to work together in helping people re-connect to the Earth. We also have a couple new classes and canoe trips planned, so be sure to keep an eye out for these offerings.

I'll be spending most of my winter near Algonquin Park and look forward to the solitude and stillness that this area has to offer during the 'snow-covered' months. I would like to let you know that I'll be teaching a Winter Tracking class from February 6-9th at Northern Edge Algonquin. It promises to be a great experience full of information and practical experience http://www.northernedgealgonquin.com/wilderness-arts.html . I'm also going to be co-leading a Buckskin Tanning workshop near the Orangeville area January 23-26th. If you are interested in either of these two classes please get in touch with me for further info. earthtracks@gmail.com

Our Canoeing season has wrapped up now and many of the leaves have fallen from the trees. The salmon have mostly spawned in the rivers here in Grey County and the fall breeze is beginning to carry a 'bite'. Cool nights and frosty morning remind us that winter is just around the corner. The Deer are beginning to move into the 'rut' and we have been blessed with incredible weather. It is at this time that we prepare for the coming winter. As I write this I'm getting ready to leave tomorrow for a trip west to B.C. I'm going to try to upload some photos of our cross-Canada adventure on our Earth Tracks Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Meaford-ON/Earth-Tracks/9304677737 as well as on this blog. We'll be spending some time on Vancouver Island, Queen Charlotte Islands, Smithers/Prince Rupert areas and the West Kootenays. Looking forward to exploring new places and re-visiting old ones. I send my best to you all at this beautiful time of year and hope that our paths will cross again sooner than later.

Happy Tracking

Alexis

No comments: